The South African govt has identified the areas in the South African workforce that may be lacking the qualified as well as experienced staff to fulfill those roles. You need to verify whether the occupation of your choice is listed on the South Africa Critical Skills Visa list.
The South African govt has realized that skills are essential for growth of the nation and ultimately they help in supporting the economic growth of the rainbow nation which may require to attract individuals belonging to other nation’s . And hence, to work in South Africa, Critical skills permit was implemented. This particular visa aims to attract the international talent as well as experience to the specific areas which require development on South African shores. The law of this nation is progressive and it is one of the fastest growing nation on the African continent. We also tend to find that, many qualified migrants are not only trying to prove themselves , but tend to find that they are at the forefront in the nation’s development boom.
Immigration to South Africa, though South Africa critical skills Visa
- This particular visa does fall into the temporary residency visa category and it permits the foreign born individual’s to legally live and also work in South Africa for a period upto 5 years.
- The South Africa immigration Dept issues visa’s on basis, as to whether the applicant is able to prove that they hold the experience as well as classification needed in that specific field of occupation as listed on the Critical skills list of more than 200 occupations for which this skills shortage exist.
- The applicant does not require a job offer on the application and may apply for this visa without having a job offers
- The visa holders are required to secure the employment in his specific field, for which the visa was granted, within 12 months.
- The South Africa Critical Skills Visa holder have freedom of movement between employers, provided that they always work in the occupation for which visa was granted.
- The application need not obtain a letter of recommendation from Dept of Labour
- This visa also offers the bearer the option to apply for the permanent residency in the country subject to specific conditions. But it can be applied straight away if the applicant provides that he/she has more than 5 years of experience in their field of expertise.